What we collect
We may collect, record, hold or store data which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Name, date of birth, NRIC number/passport number (for foreigners), marital status and gender information;
- Contact information including address, email address and telephone number;
- Information about your friends and/or family such as their names, mailing addresses, email addresses and phone numbers for purposes of fulfilling your request to provide relevant products or services for purchase of gift certificates;
- Demographic information such as postage, billing and other information to enable the delivery of the item purchased;
- Depending on the service used, financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Transactional information of your activities on our website;
- Information in relation to your interaction with our website, services, content and advertising;
- Other information required to authenticate yourself; and
- Other information that may be required by law from time to time.
You are obliged to provide data that is identified as mandatory. In respect of data identified as optional, the provision of such data by you is voluntary. If you do not provide data identified as mandatory, this may result in Urban Stove being unable to provide our services or otherwise deal with you.
What we do with the data we gather
The data is required to enable us to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Your data may be used or processed by Urban Stove or on its behalf for the following purposes:
- Carrying out instructions, providing products and/or services (whether by Urban Stove, companies related to or affiliated to Urban Stove, or a selected third party) and responding to enquiries made by you or a third party on your behalf;
- Researching, designing, launching and marketing new products, services, special offers or other information on Urban Stove and relevant third parties (including but not limited to exchanging information with selected business partners and developing a marketing list for exchange with selected business partners) and monitoring the provision, operation and use of such products or services;
- Verifying and assisting with the identification of users and determining the appropriate services;
- Sending important notices such as communications about changes to our policies, terms and conditions, and your purchases;
- Operating internal controls including determining amounts owed to or by you, payment to or collection of such amounts from you and from any person providing security for your obligations, and processing financial or payment transactions;
- Forwarding publicity materials or other information to you from Urban Stove;
- The enforcement of your obligations, including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from you;
- Internal record keeping;
- Using the data to improve our products and services;
- Periodically sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- Meeting any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements in Malaysia or any other applicable laws within the relevant jurisdiction including disclosure or notification requirements;
- Assistin| any person who is acquiring or participating in any contractual arrangements between Urban Stove and you, to evaluate the transaction for such acquisition or participation;
- From time to time, we may also use your data to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
- Sending promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting; and
- Any other incidental and associated purposes in order for Urban Stove to carry out its business and/or relating to any of the above.
Please note that data held relating to you will be kept confidential but it may be provided to:-
- Any person under a duty of confidentiality to Urban Stove or to companies related to or affiliated to Urban Stove;
- Any relevant agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, securities clearing, management, audit, insurance, professional or other services to Urban Stove;
- Any banking, financial or other institution with which you have or propose to have dealings or for financial or payment transactions;
- Any person or corporation to whom Urban Stove transfers or proposes to transfer its interests and/or obligations in respect of you or any product or service provided to you;
- Any nominee, trustee, co-trustee, centralised securities depository or registrar, custodian, insurance company, estate agent, lawyer, tax advisor, auditor, other professional advisor or other person who is involved with the provision of services or products by Urban Stove to you
- Any person to whom Urban Stove is required by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements to make disclosure; or
- Any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for Urban Stove to carry out its business.
Urban Stove may disclose data to any or all of the parties stated above notwithstanding that the recipient’s place of business is outside Malaysia, or that such information following disclosure will be collected, held, processed or used by such recipient in whole or in part outside Malaysia
Controlling your data
If you have previously agreed to us using your data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or writing to The Data Protection Officer at Urban Stove Sdn Bhd, B3-3A-15 Solaris Dutamas, 1 Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia. No fee will be charged.
You may also request for access to data we hold about you at any time by contacting us at the above address. In the event a request is made for access to data which you are entitled, we will strive to provide you with suitable means of accessing such data. Please note that a fee may be charged for processing each request for data access.
To help Urban Stove provide you with better service, please ensure that your personal data such as contact details including your home and office addresses, your telephone numbers (including your mobile telephone number), email address and other details registered with us are up to date.
Urban Stove is committed to ensuring that your data is secure. Urban Stove maintains the appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to help protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the data submitted by our customers to prevent loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a multi-layered approach to protect the key information, and we are constantly monitoring and improving our application, systems, and processes to meet the growing demands and challenges of data security.
Urban Stove’s IT vendors generally do not have a direct relationship with individuals whose personal data is collected and our IT vendors do not collect personal information on our behalf. Our IT vendors do not determine how we use such data. Additionally, Urban Stove’s contracts with our IT vendors generally prohibit our vendors from accessing customer data except under limited circumstances.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to a customer’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the data is subsequently removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and certain features of our website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
Links to other websites